4 -22- 18 Sermon
Monday, April 30, 2018
Friday, April 27, 2018
5-8th Grade Outdoor Education
This is a part of our curriculum; it is not just a field trip.
Hello Bethany Parents -
Please make sure to go online to register your child and fill out their medical waiver forms at https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/arcg2018may/ These forms are mandatory and should be done ASAP. Your $200 is due no later than Tuesday, May 1—checks made payable to Bethany. Please direct your questions to Mrs. Bakken, Dr. Smith, and Paula Rush Thank you
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
5 Easy Rainbow Snacks for Spring
24 ounces melted white chocolate
16 ounces cream cheese
3 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 cups powdered sugar
Food color gel
9-inch square pan
1. In a large bowl combine melted white chocolate, cream cheese, vanilla extract with a hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
2. Slowly incorporate 8 cups of powdered sugar into the mixture. Mix with a spoon first then a hand mixer to avoid spills. Mix until smooth.
3. Separate mix into 6 bowls. Add food color gel to get the colors of the rainbow.
4. Line a square pan with two layers of parchment paper.
5. Pour the first layer of fudge into the pan and then smoothen out with a spatula. Tap the pan to remove any bubbles.
6. Repeat the pour and process with the other layers.
7. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
8. Remove fudge from pan and parchment paper.
9. Cut into one-inch squares. Serve and enjoy.
Rainbow Pretzel Sticks
Melted white chocolate
Large pretzel sticks
Rainbow assortment of sugar sprinkles
1. Dip pretzel stick in melted white chocolate. Leave about an inch of the pretzel uncovered.
2. On a large plate carefully layout sprinkles into rows of color.
3. Carefully roll the white chocolate portion of the pretzel in the sprinkles. Roll until the white chocolate is completely coated in sprinkles.
4. Serve and enjoy.
Food gel color
Plastic food wrap
1. Separate frosting into 6 bowls. Add food gel color to create a rainbow assortment of color.
2. Place each color of frosting into a piping bag.
3. Layout a layer of plastic food wrap.
4. Carefully pipe outlines of frosting onto the plastic wrap in sequential rainbow order.
5. Carefully roll the plastic wrap and connect the first and last row of frosting.Twist the ends of the plastic wrap until the frosting is compacted into a long.
6. Cut the end of one side of the frosting log.
7. Slide the frosting log into a piping bag with the trimmed tip going in first.
8. Carefully pipe the rainbow frosting out of the bag. The colors will blend together to create a rainbow effect.
Rainbow Drip Ice Cream Cone
Colored candy melts
Ice cream cone
1. Melt colored candy melts in separate bowls.
2. In a clean bowl, spoon in small amounts of candy melts. Keep the colors separate.
3. Carefully dip the head of an ice cream cone into the candy melts.
4. Tap and turn the cone to control the drips of the cone.
5. Serve with ice cream and enjoy.
Rainbow Icing Dip
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoon milk
Food gel color
1. Combine powdered sugar and milk. Mix until smooth.
2. Separate into 6 bowls and add food gel color.
3. On a shallow plate, carefully spoon out a small amount of icing in a rainbow sequence.
4. Dip a donut (or any other pastry) into the rainbow icing. Pull out to reveal the rainbow pattern.
5. Serve and enjoy.
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Bethany Lutheran Preschool strives to provide a program for preschool children (ages two years-nine months to Kindergarten) and their parents that offers the highest caliber of preschool education to the children of our community and is consistent with the Christian teachings of Bethany Lutheran Church of Vacaville.
We hope that as you browse our website, you'll find that most of your questions and concerns are addressed. We look forward to meeting you and your child!
To schedule a tour please call 707-451-6678
Monday, April 9, 2018
Outdoor worship service & old-fashioned church picnic
April 29th, 2018
Pena Adobe Park
10am-3pmThis is a joint event involving all Bethany Lutheran Ministries including preschool, school staff & families.
You won't want to miss this opportunity to 'Give Thanks And Praise The Lord' in fellowship and fun with one another.
Friday, April 6, 2018
- Dually accredited with Western Association of School & Colleges (WASC) & National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)
- Christ-centered education
- Meeting the needs of the community
- Qualified teaching staff
- Family oriented, child-focused learning
- An environment that is conducive to learning
- Quality programs and individualized opportunities
- Centrally located in Vacaville, minutes from I-80
- Before and after school care programs available
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Good news for all 4th – 7th-grade families! The 5 – day trip to Washington D.C. is now being scheduled for 2019. All interested families are invited to attend an informational meeting with World Strides, our trip provider on April 17th at 6:00 PM at our Ulatis Campus. The proposed trip includes:
A free trip ratio for designated chaperones. It is based on a 1/10 which means for every 10 full paying passengers (which can include, not only students but also adults) a free designated chaperone trip is given, the 1st one going to the trip leader.
World Strides provides a $50.00 stipend for every full paying passenger, as well, so that if you don’t get quite enough for a second free chaperone trip, the stipend can go towards covering any balance after pro-rating the trip.
Because World Strides are in their spring incentive period they have several things in place to make this affordable for families. First, the price is a discounted price for this spring, second, we have our travel assistance fund (see link below). We give away over 2 million every year to students. Not only students from lower income but upper middle-class families can qualify!! The $ range varies depending on where the recipients fall between 0 income up to $85,000 after reported taxes. The average amount given per qualified student is about $250.
World Strides offers an Advantage Payment Plan every spring for parents. It allows you to keep their payments low and even be able to extend payments after their student has traveled. There is no interest. Last but not least, World Strides provides a personal fundraiser, called the Gift of Education. It is extremely successful and so encourage students and their families to take advantage of it.
So with time, the Flag Foundation Fund, the Advantage Payment Plan and the Gift of Education, it is very doable for students’ families. That is why opening up a trip opportunity by holding a parent meeting is so important to do it early. Please plan to attend this very important meeting if you are interested in this amazing event.